Humboldt County, Nevada
- The Awakening Project is located approximately 53 km (33 miles) north-northwest of Winnemucca, Nevada, and 5 km (3 miles) north of the Sleeper Gold Mine.
- The fault zones and host-rock geology that control the gold mineralization at the Sleeper Gold Mine continue northward to Awakening along the same range front geologic setting.
- NGE identified elevated gold and trace elements in the groundwater at Awakening during its reconnaissance groundwater chemistry sampling program. The Awakening Project is a fully covered pediment target that has seen limited exploration to date. NGE secured the target by staking unpatented mining claims, and leasing 15 unpatented mining claims.
- NGE has completed soil geochemistry, air magnetic geophysics, and gravity geophysics surveys across the property and has delineated several highly prospective targets within this largely unexplored property.
- In 2011, NGE's JV parnter at the time, Northgate Minerals Corp. (TSX:NGX), completed a Phase I Drilling Program at Awakening.
Mar 13, 2014 Awakening Project Presentation