Humboldt County, Nevada
Work to Date:
- The Kelly Creek Project is located approximately 40 km (25 miles) north-northwest of Battle Mountain in Humboldt County, Nevada.
- The Project is located along the Battle Mountain – Eureka Gold Trend within the prolific Kelly Creek Basin, between multi-million ounce gold deposits on the north (Twin Creeks, Getchell, Turquoise Ridge, and Pinson) and south (Lone Tree, Marigold, Trenton Canyon, Converse, Buffalo Valley, Copper Basin, and Phoenix).
- Despite its close proximity to world class gold deposits, the Kelly Creek Project area has seen only limited exploration activity because the target’s bedrock is largely covered by syn- to post-mineral volcanic units and post-mineral alluvium.
- NGE identified the Kelly Creek Project as a direct result of its groundwater chemistry exploration program, and NGE secured the target by staking and leasing unpatented mining claims.
- NGE has completed groundwater chemistry and gravity geophysics surveys at the Kelly Creek Project and NGE believes the results, combined with the favourable regional and district lithology, structure, and alteration, indicate a strong potential for covered gold mineralization beneath the Kelly Creek Project area.